Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 17 May 2015

How I Achieve Long, Thick Lashes

How I Achieve Long, Thick Lashes

Hello Everyone!
Happy Sunday to you!
As promised, today I'm going to show you how I get long, thick, fluttery lashes.

No false lashes, lash extensions or growth serums needed. 


To achieve this, I use three mascaras. I know to some people that seems like a lot, but I LOVE mascara; if I could only have two beauty products, it'd be mascara and lipstick. 

The three I used are:


Maybelline Lash Sensational, L'Oreal Miss Manga, Rimmel Wonder'Full


Maybelline 'Lash Sensational' £7.99, L'Oreal 'Miss Manga' £8.99 and Rimmel 'Wonder'Full' £7.99

I'll go into more detail about them at each step. 

Maybelline Lash Sensational

Just Lash Sensational

I love Lash Sensational, it has a spoon-shaped brush to catch all the little lashes and if you use the other side, it helps to separate your lashes further. It has a really black pigmentation too and the formula is wet but not too wet, so you can build coats easily, without it clumping or just getting wiped off. 

The first step is to coat your lashes with a few coats of Lash Sensational to lengthen and define your lashes. Look at the difference with just a few coats compared to bare lashes. 

Rimmel Wonder'full

Lash Sensational plus Wonder'full

When I first used Wonder'Full, I really didn't like it, I thought the formula was too wet and it didn't make any sort of impact. It sat in my draw for a few weeks before I thought to use it again and I'm glad I did! It had dried up a tiny bit which made all the difference. 

The brush has lots of little bristles and gives you a really natural look, perfect for 'no make up make up'. 
This is the second step, to further define and separate the lashes, I apply lots of Wonder'Full. 

In this photo I have a lots of coats of Lash Sensational and Wonder'Full on the left and lots of coats Lash Sensational on the right.  Even though Wonder'Full is a defining mascara, do you see how it's thickened the lashes?

L'Oreal Miss Manga

All 3 mascaras

I was never that interested in Miss Manga, it just never drew me in, but my mum bought me one and I tried it and was pleasantly surprised. Lovely volumising mascara. It's a bit drier than the other mascaras but still wet enough to prevent clumping. 

Here on the left I have Miss Manga on, compared to the right with just Lash Sensational and Wonder'Full. 
That's the final step; to apply lashings (haha) of Miss Manga to add real volume and impact. 


Lash Sensational, Wonder'Full, Miss Manga

Here's the end result! Apologies for the poor lighting! 

Abi Bailey @abijbailey

Abi Bailey @abijbailey

I just keep repeating the steps until I get the length and volume I am looking for. 

I would say these are my holy grail mascaras at the moment, I really suggest getting one (or all three) of them if you haven't got them already! 


Have you tried these mascaras? What do you think of them?
Are there any mascaras you think I need to try?
Leave me a comment!

Thanks for reading and I shall speak you on Friday! 

Abi xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig