Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 10 May 2015

Butterfly Wing Nail Art Tutorial

Hello everyone!
Happy Sunday to you.
I have another nail art themed blog post today; this butterfly wing nail art tutorial. 
On Wednesday, it'll be my nail art instagram's second birthday! 


You Will Need 



  • A Base Colour, I chose orange, but an ombré would look incredible, I just didn't have time.  (Barry M 'Block Orange').
  • Black Nail Varnish (Barry M 'Black').
  • White Nail Varnish (Sinful Colours 'Snow Me White').
  • A Surface To Drop Paint On.
  • A Dotting Tool (Large End & Small End).
  • A Long, Thin Paintbrush.

 Method



Start by painting a curved line from the top of the nail, down to about one third of the nail on the opposite side. 


Next, paint three straight lines starting at even intervals across the first line you painted. 


Leaving space at the bottom of the nail, connect the three straight lines with curved lines. 


Using the large end of the dotting tool, fill in the bottom of the nail. 


(I sprayed it with quick dry spray, so that's why it looks gooey). Using the large end of the dotting tool, dipped in white, create two dots. 


Fill in the remaining space using the smaller end of the dotting tool.



When I created this on my acrylic nails, I used a Barry M Nail Art Pen (which made it so much easier, I strongly suggest you get one!) and I just used the smaller end of the dotting tool. 


It is a little bit fiddly, especially doing it on your own nails, but I think they're really pretty and definitely worth the effort. 


I'm hoping to do a tiny blog post on Wednesday to commemorate Nail Art Nut's second birthday, but it's the night I work late so I'll have to see!

Otherwise I'll speak to you on Friday for another 5 Things Friday blog post. 



Thanks for reading!


Abi xxx




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig