Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Wednesday 21 February 2018

My 3 Favourite Mascaras

Maybelline Lash Sensational, L'Oreal Miss Baby Roll, YSL The Shock

Hello Beauty Lovers!
If there's one beauty product that I love the most - it's mascara. I have probably tried at least 100 over my make up wearing life, so at this point, I feel like I have some idea of what a good mascara is. Today I'm going to tell you about my 3 favourite mascaras at the moment. No prizes for guessing what the first one is...

Maybelline Lash Sensational Intense Black (£8.99)


Maybelline Lash Sensational, L'Oreal Miss Baby Roll, YSL The Shock

If you've ever read any of my blog posts or glanced at my instagram, you will know that this is my number one mascara. I will always come back to it and if it ever discontinues, I will cry. I love the formula (the intense black version is better than the standard IMO), I love the brush and I love how long wearing it is. When paired with the Lash Sensational Lash Primer (here) it really is a standout mascara. As with all mascaras, I like it more once it has dried out a little bit. It's a great buildable mascara and I like to use both sides of the brush to build up length and volume.

L'Oreal Miss Baby Roll (£7.99)


Maybelline Lash Sensational, L'Oreal Miss Baby Roll, YSL The Shock

This one was recommended to me by a friend at work (a fellow make up lover) and when I first tried it, I was really unimpressed, but then I tried it with the Lash Sensational Primer (I can no longer do my lashes without it) which made a world of difference! It defines each lash and makes them really long and thick. I like the brush as you literally roll it up your lashes (hence the name) and I had never used a brush like this before. I found the formula to flake on me a little bit but nothing major - plus I wear a lot of mascara, so this was bound to happen.

YSL The Shock (£25)


Maybelline Lash Sensational, L'Oreal Miss Baby Roll, YSL The Shock

I received this in a set at Christmas (here) and I loved it from first use. It is obviously more expensive than my usual high street mascaras but it is worth the money! I have an Urban Decay mascara and a MAC mascara and honestly, I don't think they're worth the expense. This YSL one is. The brush doesn't look like much, but it is great at volumising lashes. I like to use it on top of my Lash Sensational mascara. It's very black, which I love, and it lasts throughout the day. 

Those are my 3 favourite mascaras, tell me about yours! Do you prefer high end or high street mascaras?


If you have Bloglovin' you can follow me here.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig