Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 1 May 2016

Shaaanxo Palette | Review

Shaaanxo Palette
Hello everyone!
Happy Sunday!
Did you see last week's post about the April Glossybox? (Here)
Today's post is all about the Shaaanxo Palette that was created by Shannon Harris (Shaaanxo on Youtube) in collaboration with BH Cosmetics.
It's an 18 colour eyeshadow and lip colour palette and it's just lovely!
As I signed up to the mailer, I got early access to the pre-order which also made it slightly cheaper.
I got the email and went  straight to the link to pre-order it  and it was $14.50 (about £9.92) and then the shipping on top of that which was only about a £5 which I was thrilled with because usually American shipping is horrendous! 
I think the price is so good for 9 eyeshadows and 9 lip colours.





Shaaanxo Palette

First, let's talk about the beautiful packaging! I love the pale pink with the white bubbles and the shiny silver font just adds to the elegance.  
I also love that the eyshadows are on one side and the lip colours are on the other so you haven't got to worry about getting eyeshadow in the lippies! Both sides have a mirror too which is handy.
​The palette contains the nine eyeshadows that vary from everyday neutrals to bold evening shades and nine lip colours that vary from nudes, pinks and reds and there's even a purple shade too! Definitely enough colours to suit everyone.

Eyeshadows

Shaaanxo Palette Eyeshadows

Shaaanxo Palette Eyeshadows

Shaaanxo Palette Eyeshadows

Shaaanxo Palette Eyeshadow Swatches

The shadows are really lovely; they're a powder to cream consistency and blend really well.
The pigmentation is really good but I'm struggling to get the impact onto my eyelids but I think that's more down to my rubbish primer and lack of appropriate eyeshadow brushes, so I'm going to have a play around and see what works for me.
The variety of shades is great, the lightest shade (that you basically can't see in the swatch) is a lovely highlighter for the inner eyes and brow bone. The next two shades on the top row and the middle shade on the middle row are very wearable shimmers.
You then have the yellow and brick red shades (middle row) which can be used as transition colours.
Lastly you have the bottom 3 shades which are duo-chrome, meaning that depending on where you look at it, it can look two different colours in the light. I don't have any duo-chrome shades so I'm excited to try these.

Lip Colours

Shaaanxo Palette Lip Colour

Shaaanxo Palette Lip Colours

Shaaanxo Palette Lip Colours

Shaaanxo Palette Lip Colour Swatches

These are a lovely sticky, balmy consistency. Not a sticky feel on the lips though.

I can't get the impact onto my lips, but again I think it'll just be a case of playing around with different lip brushes and maybe using a lipliner as a base.
Otherwise these give a beautiful wash of colour which will be perfect for a fresh look for summer.
I love the variety of shades as  you can go from day to night or subtle to dramatic.
They go great with the eyeshadows too.
My only bug bear with the lippies is that it'd be difficult to touch up during the day as I won't be taking the palette with me everywhere! Great for travel though.


A fab palette for the money! Such a reasonable price.
Plus I love Shannon so I wanted to support her.
What do you think of the Shaaanxo Palette? 
Do you have any tips on how to get more impact from the shadows or lip colours?
Leave a comment from your lovely brain!


Thanks for reading and I'll speak to you next Sunday.

Abi xxx

 Twitter    |  Instagram    |   Bloglovin'

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig