Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Wednesday 7 February 2018

TAM Beauty Haul

Makeup Revolution Contour Kit, Makeup Revolution Concealer, Freedom Makeup Pro Studio Priming Water, Makeup Obsession Contour Cream
Hello Beauty Lovers!
I rediscovered my Freedom Priming Water the other day (which I love) and realised I had essentially none left. I also wanted to try the new Makeup Revolution concealer so I ended up picking up a few bits from TAM Beauty. 
TAM Beauty was created by the founders of Makeup Revolution and is an online retailer that sells Freedom Makeup, Makeup Revolution and a few other sister brands. They also sell haircare and skincare!

Freedom Pro Studio Priming Water

I tried this priming water a few years ago and loved it. It's so refreshing, it is packed with nutrients and hydrates my skin in readiness for make up (currently only £3.90). It can also be used to amp up your highlight.

Makeup Revolution Contour Kit, Makeup Obsession Contour Cream
L to R:Makeup Revolution Ultra Cream Contour Kit (Lightening Contour F01) (Highlighter, Concealer, Contour), Makeup Obsession Contour Cream (C107 Light)

I feel like I know what I'm doing in most areas of make up, except when it comes to contouring; I don't really know how! I have a small forehead so the last thing it needs is to be contoured, and then I don't know how to contour my cheekbones - help!
I feel like I could work with creams better than powders and as these palettes were so affordable (Makeup Revolution £1.05 and Makeup Obsession £1.95) I thought I'd give it a try. I have been on the hunt for a contour stick as I felt that would be easier but I think I missed the boat with that one (and contouring altogether) as I can't find one anywhere. From first glance I think the contouring shades may be a bit warm / orange but I'll give it a go none the less, can't really complain at those prices!

Makeup Revolution Concealer, C4, C6
Makeup Revolution Conceal & Define Concealer (C4 and C6)

I watched Cheryl's vid on YouTube where she compared this concealer to the Tarte Shape Tape concealer and she was so impressed with it that she made me want to try it! It's only £4 so I bought C4 and C6 as I thought they'd probably match me the best. C4 is designed for light skin tones with a neutral undertone and C6 is designed for light / medium skin tones with a yellow undertone.
The lighting in my room is pretty dreadful first thing in the morning (how I manage to leave the house without looking like a clown is a miracle) so it's hard to tell which shade matches me best but I put C4 on my spots / scars and C6 under my eyes and it does a great job of covering my dark circles. The coverage is great and it doesn't look too drying - I know everyone raves about the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer but I found that too drying, so I much prefer the Makeup Revolution one (plus it's slightly cheaper).

Have you ever shopped on TAM Beauty?
If you have any tips on contouring I'd love to hear them!



If you have Bloglovin' you can follow me here. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig