Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Wednesday 31 January 2018

StylPro Brush Cleaner | Pros & Cons

StylPro Brush Cleaner, StylPro Makeup Brush Cleanser, Ciate Nail Varnishes, Gold Handled Make Up Brushes

Hello Beauty Lovers!
I've had the StylPro Brush Cleaner for well over a year now, and although I like it a lot, I've noticed a few things that are not ideal.

In case this is the first time you've heard about the StylPro Brush Cleaner, this is how you use it:

1. Insert the handle of the make up brush into one of the rubber collars (ensuring a snug fit)
2. Attach that to the spindle and insert the spindle into the device
3. Pour some of the make up brush cleanser into the glass bowl and dunk the bristles up and down into the solution to loosen the built up make up
4. Hold the bristles above the solution slightly (but still inside the bowl) and flick the switch on the handle.
5. It spins very rapidly, forcing all the make up and water out of the bristles leaving them clean and dry and ready to use.


Pros:


  • Its super quick, it takes about 20 seconds max to clean and dry a brush
  • It leaves them looking like new 
  • The special cleanser is amazing at cleaning out all of the foundation and gel eyeliner out of my brushes, like nothing I've ever used before


Cons:


  • It's a bit pricey (£50) but I do use it every time I wash my brushes
  • The cleanser is also quite pricey (£10 for 150ml, £21 for 500ml) and I have a lot of brushes so I get through the cleanser quite quickly
  • It has damaged some of my brushes. Even though I don't dunk the ferule (metal bit of the brush handle) into the solution, it still managed to get up there and loosen the glue and then with all the spinning it just wrecked it and the brush head fell out of the handle
  • I feel like the spinner has started to die a bit over time, even though it runs on 2 AA batteries which are obviously replaceable, I think it's got noisier and not as efficient
Overall, I really like it and will continue to use it as I've never known anything to clean my brushes so quickly, but if you're considering buying the StylPro Brush Cleaner, I would take the pros and cons into consideration. I would 100% recommend the brush cleanser solution though as it's the best I've ever used.


Have you tried the StylPro Brush Cleaner?



If you have Bloglovin' you can follow me here. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig