Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Wednesday 3 January 2018

6 New Years Beauty Resolutions

garnier face wash, ted baker body lotion, treseme hair oil, mac lipsticks, real techniques exfoliation sponge, bee good face polish, stylpro make up brush cleanser, dirty works body scrub, the body shop oils of life, neutrogena moisturiser gel,

Hello Beauty Lovers and Happy New Year!
I gave up making new years resolutions a long time ago as they're just not my thing, but I thought it might be fun to make some new years beauty resolutions as I feel they'll be more beneficial to me.

  1. Exfoliate and moisturise my body twice a week. I'm really lazy when it comes to exfoliating and moisturising my body, but now that we're in the colder months, I think it's even more important to take the time to look after my skin. I exfoliated and moisturised on New Years Eve and I felt much better for it! I used my new Dirty Works Body Scrub and exfoliating mitt whilst I was in the shower and it smelt delicious. I love that I could do it in the shower as it felt like less hassle.
  2. Exfoliate my face at least once a week. I moisturise my face every morning and night but I don't exfoliate as often as I should so I would like to take a little more time for my skin. 
  3. Take better care of my neck. I have recently started moisturising my neck when I'm moisturising my face because the neck is where you'll really show signs of ageing. I'm only 22 so I don't really have a problem yet but I don't want it to become one!
  4. Wash my make up brushes once a week. I do wash my brushes regularly but not nearly as often as I should. If I had the time I'd wash them everyday but that's just not feasible when you have a full time job! 
  5. Declutter my make up stash monthly. I'm definitely a hoarder when it comes to make up. I just put in the drawer and think 'yeah I'll probably come back to that' knowing that it is unlikely that I will. I just need to be more ruthless; it's not possible to use it all or necessary to have it all. It gets untidy too and I'd like to keep it in order so that the bits that I do want to keep are more accessible.
  6. Take better care of my hair. I'm pretty mean to my hair: I don't often condition it, I always blow dry and straighten it (it looks awful if I don't!) and I rarely get it cut. This year I want be kinder to it by pampering it more, even if that's just conditioning it more often and using hair masks now and then, or even just a little hair oil on the ends once it's been blow dried.

My problem is that I need to slow down and take some time to just do these things - even if they are tedious, they are still important. 
Have you made any new years resolutions? Beauty or regular, I'd love to hear them!


If you have Bloglovin' you can follow me here. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig