Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 11 January 2015

Christmas Make Up

Hello Everyone!
We've done enough reflecting and goal making for now, time to get back to make up and nail art. 

Today I want to share with you the make up I recieved for Christmas, I only asked for two things and was lucky enough to receive them both. 
This is the Make Up Revolution Ultimate Eyeshadow Collection and Urban Decay 'Naked On The Run'. 

Make Up Revolution is a sister brand to Make Up Academy, of which I am a huge fan of. I was hoping the quality would be of the same standard and it's similar, but not as good, but when you pay £10 (I think?) for 144 eye shadows, I'm not sure anyone can complain?! ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTY FOUR. 

Now the Naked On The Run has been my staple for like a week. I cannot get enough of it! Perfect for taking on a weekend away or something. Not ideal to carry round day to day as it's quite large (that wouldn't stop me, I just don't want to damage it!). It's ace. 

Make Up Revolution Ultimate Eyeshadow Collection










The palette consists of a mix of mattes, shimmers and neons. The only problem is that I don't think it's available anymore because it was a limited Christmas thing. They'd be mental not to bring it back though! It even comes with a little mirror and two double ended applicators, totally useless to me because I'm blind as a bat without my glasses but the little applicators are good for packing on colour. I'm sure swatches would have been useful for this blog post but I'm not down for swatching 144 different eye shadows. I don't have enough skin! 

You're pretty much set for life with this palette as you can create any look you fancy. Creamy with good colour pay off too, plus you can build colour by packing on more layers.

Urban Decay Naked On The Run Palette









It's beautiful isn't it? It is on the pricier side though at £37. Definitely worth it though in my opinion! 



The kit includes a travel-size 'Perversion' Mascara, travel-size 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in the shade 'Stag', six new eye shadow shades, in the colours (left to right) 'Dive', 'Fix', 'Resist', 'Dare', 'Stun' and the larger size '50/50' which doubles as a highlighter. 

The set also includes a blush and bronzer and a full size lipgloss in the colour 'Sesso'. 

As usual with Urban Decay, the colour pay off is amazing and long lasting, I love the mascara as its really lengthening and thickening and the blush and highlight are beautiful with a delicate shimmer. 

I just love it! Would definitely recommend even though it is quite pricey. You have to bare in mind though that it would cost you A LOT more to buy all of it individually. 



That's it for this week! Thanks for reading!


Next Sunday will be about all the nail art stuff I got for Christmas, brace yourselves, I got a lot!



Abi xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig