Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Wednesday 13 December 2017

My Carbon Coco Experience

Carbon Coco Ultimate Carbon Kit

Hello Beauty Lovers!
I was offered the chance to try the Carbon Coco Ultimate Carbon Kit*. I thought I would document my experience because when I first started I wasn't sure if I wanted to continue with it as I had a few mishaps but I persevered and I'm glad that I did.

The Product

Carbon Coco Ultimate Carbon Kit

Here's a little bit of info about Carbon Coco, taken from their website:

"Carbon Coco is a 100% Natural Teeth Whitener. It naturally whitens teeth, polishes teeth, strengthens enamel and detoxifies your mouth without any chemicals and added nasties. What’s in it? 100% Organic Coconut Shell Activated Charcoal with a hint of bentonite powder and lemon myrtle. This tooth whitening promotes good oral health and can change the pH in the mouth, helping to reduce things that cause cavities, gum disease and bad breath.

In the kit you get the Activated Charcoal Tooth Polish (30g), the toothbrush and the Activated Charcoal Toothpaste (80g). 

The tooth polish claims to:
  • Protect enamel
  • Reduce plaque
  • Freshen your breath
  • Detoxify the mouth
  • Promote healthy gums

The toothpaste claims to:

  • Clean and whiten teeth
  • Prevent bad breath
  • Remove plaque
  • Reduce harmful bacteria growth

  • You dampen the brush and dip into in the polish and then brush for 3 minutes, spit, rinse, and then brush with the toothpaste for 3 minutes. I used the brush provided with the powder and then my usual electric toothbrush with the toothpaste. You are supposed to see results within 7 - 14 days.


    example of my teeth before using the carbon coco kit
    My teeth before I started using the kit

    I took photos each night after using the polish and toothpaste and made a note of my thoughts each night. 

    My Review

    example of my teeth after using the carbon coco kit for 1 night
    Night 1

    Ignore the red on my top lip - that is stubborn lipstick that didn't want to come off!
    I am unfamiliar with using tooth whitening powders so I found it a bit messy the first night. I placed the powder pot on the window sill and then when I pulled the toothbrush away, I sprinkled the powder all over the toilet cistern and sink. I also managed to splatter it on the mirror and all down my hand and white pyjama top. 
    I found the toothpaste to be quite pleasant, it is black when it comes out of the tube and foams up grey. It has a nice minty taste.
    In total this was 6 minutes of brushing and I found my gums to be a bit sensitive after that.
    My mouth had bits of black power stuck in my gumline and it felt a bit gritty too.

    example of my teeth after using the carbon coco kit for 2 nights
    Night 2

    The second night, I used the powder for 3 minutes but it made my gums sore and even bleed in places as the brush they give you is quite hard (made out of bamboo bristles). I moved the pot of powder to the edge of the sink which created less mess but I continued to sprinkle the powder down my sleeve!
    That night I brushed my teeth with the toothpaste for only 2 minutes as my gums were so sore.

    example of my teeth after using the carbon coco kit for 3 nights
    Night 3

    My gums were still very sore so I skipped the powder and just brushed with the toothpaste for 2 minutes.

    example of my teeth after using the carbon coco kit for 4 nights
    Night 4

    My gums were not sore anymore so I brushed with the powder for 2 minutes and then brushed with the toothpaste for 3 minutes. Now that my gums had recovered, I found that evening to be much more pleasant. I've accepted that the powder is just going to sprinkle everywhere (sorry mum).

    example of my teeth after using the carbon coco kit for 5 nights
    Night 5

    By night 5 I was starting to notice a difference as my teeth felt much cleaner. I think it's hard to tell in the photos as it's such a tiny difference, but I think they are slowly getting whiter. All the brushing is definitely keeping them healthier too! On this night I brushed with the powder for 2 minutes and the toothpaste for 2 minutes.

    example of my teeth after using the carbon coco kit for 6 nights
    Night 6

    By night 6 I had the routine down. I found using the powder much more comfortable now as I had worn the brush in a bit so it was more gentle. I continued to brush with the powder for 2 minutes and then brush with the toothpaste for 2 minutes as I felt that worked better for me - 3 minutes each was a bit to intense for my gums!

    example of my teeth after using the carbon coco kit for 7 nights
    Night 7

    By night 7 I just continued to use the powder for 2 minutes and then the toothpaste for 2 minutes.

    The Verdict

    I'm quite lazy, so when I first started using the kit I was a bit put off as it felt quite time consuming -  especially at the end of the day - but now that my teeth feel so clean and look brighter and have more of a smoother colour, I find it less of a chore as I know I'm looking after them properly. 
    I also love that the kit is 100% natural and not tested on animals.
    I have to admit the kit is a bit pricey, but you don't have to buy the complete kit, you can just buy the powder or the toothpaste alone. If you do buy the kit, the powder is supposed to last 1 - 2 months but with the minimal amount you have to use, I have no doubt that it'll last a couple of years! 
    I think I'll write a follow up post after using the kit for a month to see whether my smile is noticeably brighter. I'm excited to continue using the kit and hope to have blindingly white teeth in the new year!

    Have you ever tried teeth whitening kits?


    If you have Bloglovin' you can follow me here.

    *This kit was sent to me for free but all opinions expressed are purely my own. If you have any concerns, please email lipsticklashesliner@hotmail.com

    SHARE:

    No comments

    Post a Comment

    Blogger Template Created by pipdig