Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 5 June 2016

Updated Skincare Routine



Updated Skincare Routine
Hello Everyone!
Happy Sunday!

I hope you enjoyed last week's post about the Fortune Favours The Brave Palette (here).

Today I'll be showing you my updated skincare routine as its been ages (i.e. nearly two years) since I last talked about it (here).

I'm a bit lazy when it comes to exfoliating, but I always without fail, remove my make up and make sure to moisturise.

​Here's the run-down of products I use to keep my skin at it's best:

  • Garnier Cleansing Wipes for Normal to Combination Skin.
  • Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water ​for Combination & Sensitive Skin.
  • Superdrug Oval Face Pads.
  • Garnier SkinActive Pure Active 3-1 Scrub.
  • Primark Face Scrubber.
  • Garnier Moisture + Matte Moisturiser for Combination to Oily Skin.
  • The Body Shop Oils Of Life Intensely Revitalising Facial Oil.

Removing Makeup


Garnier Cleansing Wipes and Combination Micellar Water


To remove my make up I always use the Garnier Cleansing Wipes soaked in the Micellar Water to remove my eye make up. I know make up wipes are naughty but it hurts my eyes too much to use a cotton pad soaked in Micellar Water. Once I've used the wipe to remove my eye make up, eyebrows and any remaining lipstick, I use a couple of cotton pads to remove my face make up and make sure there are no traces of foundation or blush still on my skin.

Cleansing

Garnier Pure Active Clay Mask



I try to cleanse/exfoliate my skin once a week to remove any remaining make up or oils that could clog my pores. I should probably do it more often but like I said, I'm lazy and find it a chore. I tend to do this in the morning to leave my skin refreshed for the day.

I like this particular scrub as you can use it as a wash, a scrub or a mask.

I like to wash my face with water, apply the mask and let it set and then use my scrubber to exfoliate it off. It leaves my skin feeling super soft and refreshed.

Moisturising

The Bodyshop Oils of Life and Garnier Moisture + Matte Moisturiser



If you remember in my April Glossybox post (here) I talked about The Body Shop Oils of Life and I am STILL loving it! Absolutely obsessed, it has completely turned my skin around. My complexion is much smoother, it has faded my spot scars and leaves my skin so hydrated.

In April I wasn't sure if I'd buy the full size as it's £28 but I will definitely be picking it up once my tester has run out (it's on its last legs). I was never much of a skincare person but this little miracle oil has totally changed my mind!

Before I go to sleep, I drop a few drops on my cheeks, nose, chin and forehead and gently pat it in to make sure it definitely absorbs into the skin. I then apply the Moisture + Matte moisturiser all over the face to help seal in the oil and add maximum hydration.
I always make sure to moisturise (minus the oil) before I do my make up too, to create a smooth base for my make up.

How do you take care of your skin and what are your holy grail products?
I'd love to know, so please leave me a comment!

Thanks for reading and I'll speak to you next Sunday.

Abi xxx

P.S. You can follow me on  Twitter Instagram Bloglovin'  ​​​
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig