Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 12 June 2016

Gerard Cosmetics Haul

Gerard Cosmetics Haul


Hello everyone!
Happy Sunday!

Did you see last week's post about my Updated Skincare Routine (here)?

I've bought a couple of bits and pieces from Gerard Cosmetics recently so I thought you'd like to see them.





Gerard Cosmetics Haul

Packaging

Gerard Cosmetics Haul

Let's just take a moment to acknowledge how pretty the packaging is! I love the black and gold with the dainty dots. The gold is so shiny on the actual items and looks so glamorous. I really like the font too. The little added cover on the highlighter is such a great touch; it keeps it protected and is something I've not seen before.

Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks

Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks


Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks


Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks Applicator

I already have Immortal (a deep red) and loved it so I thought it was necessary to pick up Mercury Rising (orange) and Ballet Slipper (soft pink). Immortal is crazy pigmented so I was hoping these two would be as well, but unfortunately they just don't have the same intensity. Ballet Slipper is very sheer and would take quite a few coats to get an opaque coverage. Mercury Rising is a bit better but the application is quite streaky. Maybe I just got a couple of dud ones! 


Obviously they are a matte formula but they are really comfortable to wear, they don't feel too drying like other matte lip products. They doe-foot applicator is very precise but you do have to be accurate because if you keep layering it, I found Immortal to  go a bit patchy. ​Swatches are below with the lip pencil.

Lip Pencil


Lip Pencil


Lip Pencil

Lip Pencil Nib and Cap

GC Immortal Lip Pencil and Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick

Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick and Lip Pencil Swatches
Top to bottom: Lip pencil in Immortal / Hydra Matte Liquid Lipsticks in Immortal / Mercury Rising / Ballet Slipper

The lip pencil is creamy and glides on nicely and like the liquid lipstick, is also very pigmented and long lasting. This is also called Immortal and I bought it to go with the Hydra Matte Liquid Lipstick. It's more of a cherry red but it matches the liquid lipstick really well and helps with a neat application! It isn't a twist up liner so when it starts to get blunt, you'd need to sharpen it. That doesn't bother me but I know it does some people.

Star Powder

Marilyn Star Powder


Marilyn Star Powder


Marilyn Star Powder


Marilyn Star Powder Swatch


Marilyn Star Powder Swatch

This is the Star Powder in the shade Marilyn and it is the most beautiful gold highlighter ever. EVER.I am in love and have been using it everyday. It really adds a glow. It's so smooth and so beautifully pigmented. It lasts all day too; even after about 15 hours wear, my cheek bones are still glowing.It's a definite summer staple and would look amazing with a tan. Definitely my most favourite thing I've bought for a while.
Have you ever bought anything from Gerard Cosmetics? What are your thoughts on any of these products? Leave me a comment!


Thanks for reading and I'll be back next Sunday with this month's Glossybox!
​Abi xxx


P.S. You can follow me on  Twitter Instagram Bloglovin'  ​​​
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig