Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 13 September 2015

Makeup Revolution 'Newtrals VS Neutrals' Palette

Makeup Revolution Newtrals vs Neutrals Palette
Hello everyone! 
Happy Sunday!

If you saw my  tweet, you'll know I've done a lot of beauty shopping recently so I'll be doing some reviews here on the blog.  I made a MakeUp  Revolution   order, purely because I couldn't get what I wanted in my Superdrug as it's a bit lacking!  I bought the Oil Control Setting Spray (£5), the  New-Trals vs Neutrals palette (£6.99) that  I had been eager to get my hands on and a couple of new eye brushes; the E101 and the E103 (£1.99 each). Read on to  see what I think of them.


Makeup Revolution Newtrals vs Neutrals Palette

Makeup Revolution Newtrals vs Neutrals Palette

The shade names from left to right; top row:
Bias, Neutral,  Personal, Vogue, Trend, New-tral, Tone, Custom

Bottom row:

Cool, Style, Partial, Mode, Adapt, Buff, Suit, Strong


First Row Swatches

Second Row Swatches
I'm sorry about the uneven lighting, it was a nightmare! Bias and  cool are very pale shades, hence why they don't show up too well.

Pros 

  • The shadows are very pigmented.
  • They're a creamy powder consistency.
  • They blend beautifully.
  • Nice combination of mattes and shimmers.
  • Perfect for those who enjoy a bold look or a more neutral one.

Cons

  • By the end of the day they had creased and basically absorbed into my eyes completely , even with a primer. This was after 13 hours wear though, so it's to be expected.
Blending Brushes

Pros

  • The E103 (right) blended and diffused the colour wonderfully without totally removing it.
  • Both brushes have really soft synthetic bristles.

Cons

  • The E101 (left)  left more pigment on the brush than it did on my eye. I'm going to put this down to it being brand new, as I find that when brushes are too clean, they're not as good.
Setting Spray

Pros

  • Smells delicious.
  • Comes out in a nice even spritz.
  • Nice size bottle.

Cons

  • I found it made me look more shiny  and didn't help control my oiliness . I really like a matte finish though whereas you might like more of a glow.

Verdict

Overall I was a bit disappointed with the fixing spray,  I would have been very happy to find something to keep my shine at bay. I've only been using it about a week though so maybe it'll improve with more use!

I like the brushes, the fluffy blending one is going to become one of my favourites, I can already tell.

The palette is beautiful. I'm a sucker for eyeshadow  palettes anyway but I especially love the mix of  regular neutrals and  some unusual ones such as  the pinks, its a very versatile palette and you can create an array of different looks. I love the shimmers and think this is a perfect palette for autumn/winter.

Do you have this palette? what are your thoughts on it? I know the pink shades put some people off. Leave me a comment with your  thoughts and follow me on Bloglovin!

Thanks for reading and I'll speak to you soon,

Abi xxx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig