Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 12 October 2014

Birthday Nail Varnishes

Birthday Nail Varnishes
Hello Everyone!
As nail varnish and nail art is a passionate hobby of mine, I tend to receive at least a couple of nail varnishes or nail themed items for birthdays and Christmases. This year I was lucky enough to get 5 nail varnishes from various family members. It just so happens that all the colours are perfect for autumn/winter too. 



From left to right I have two Barry M Gelly Paints in 'Cocoa' and 'Paprika' (from their autumn collection), two from Seventeen's Colour Carnival range in 'Dark Pink Shimmer 034' and 'Plum Shimmer 041', and lastly is an Avon Gel Finish Nail Enamel in 'Royal Vendetta'. I love when nail varnishes have good names!


Birthday Nail Varnishes


Cocoa is a dark brown and will be perfect for winter, it is quite opaque but I always like to do at least two coats anyway.
Paprika is a lovely burnt orange/cinnamon/brown colour, it too is very opaque and you would probably be fine with one coat, but like I said, I think two just gives a better finish. 
The only problem I have with Barry M is that they can chip/peel quite easily, but as they're such a good price and have a huge range of colours with excellent colour pay off, I don't mind too much.

Dark Pink Shimmer and Plum Shimmer are VERY sheer. Depending on your preference, you'll probably need at least three coats. The pink was a bit better but the plum needed at least four coats to get a solid opacity. I always find that shimmers are a bit translucent anyway. I think they'd look lovely as a topcoat on top of bright colours too, just to give a pop of shimmer. 
They're really lovely quality and colours though, and they dry quickly as they're quite thin, so having to do more coats isn't as time consuming as it sounds.

I cannot get enough of Royal Vendetta! Not only is the name amazing and the colour an eye catching royal blue, but as it is a gel finish, it's super shiny and long lasting, so it is very chip resistant (I wore it to work for like three days and it only chipped slightly). It does look a bit streaky though so you may need two to three coats for best results.

Just a short post today to show you my new nail varnishes to add to my collection! I'm such a fan of darker colours for autumn/winter! What's your favourite colour to wear?
I've made a start on my halloween nail art designs too, so they'll be popping up on here and on my nail instgram (@nailartnut) in the next couple of weeks, so look out for those!

As always, thanks for reading and I shall speak to you soon!
Abi xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig