Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Monday 1 September 2014

Blog's First Birthday!

Blog's First Birthday
Hello everyone!
Can you believe that it's the first of September already? 
Or more importantly, that I've been writing on this blog for a whole year?!
Where has that year gone? 
Brace yourselves, I think this is going to be a long one...


I started this blog because 2013 had been a really crumby year. It was just one sucky thing after the other and it really got me down. I was a shell of myself and I didn't like it. So, on the first of September 2013, I decided to make a change. I already had my Nail Art Instagram that I was enjoying, but with feeling rubbish, it was getting a bit neglected, so I wanted to put more effort into that. That wasn't a big enough thing to pull me out of the rut I had been in though, so I thought I'd do something completely new to me and out of my comfort zone, but was something for me to just enjoy and not worry about all the crappiness that had gone on.

Blog's First Birthday


Blog's First Birthday

It was a fresh start.


 'Happiness Is A Wonderful Thing' was born (yes, I cringe about the name now). It was somewhere I could put up photos and write about the things I had been enjoying like gigs I had been to, or days out I had enjoyed, or just talking about things that cheered me up and I wanted to remember. 

As cringey as it sounds, happiness is a wonderful thing, no one should waste time feeling sad and being down when, for the majority of the time, you can do something to change that.

Life should not be spent sad. Spend as much of it as you can enjoying it.


I never thought I'd enjoy writing this blog as much as I do! Not only that, it's really boosted my confidence. When I first started, I didn't know a thing about blogging, (still don't to be honest!) it took me a while to get into the swing of things and to be really comfortable with my blog's look/design and my blogging style. It's now called Nail Art Nut (and has been for a while) so that a) it ties in with my Nail Art Instagram and b) it needed a better name! I know I was rubbish at the putting up posts to start with but I've got a lot better and hopefully will only continue to improve. At some point I want to organise the categories on my blog to make them more concise. When I first started I thought they were like tags, so if you searched for say 'glow in the dark' the blog post would be more likely to pop up on google or something. I was wrong! So that will be a HUGE job, but it's making me crazy.

I like that this blog is significant to me; it's just a space where I can ramble on about make up and nail art and fun adventures. I really look forward to writing it each week. It's definitely made my love for make up and all things beauty related, bloom - I'm even more obsessed than I was a year ago! 

I don't know if anyone actually reads what I ramble on about, on purpose, or if you've just stumbled onto my blog by accident, for all I know, no one could be reading it! But if you do, thank you so much, this blog has become very important to me and helped me grow into my own person and break out of that shell of myself I was in last year. 

If you're still reading, here's to another year of Nail Art Nut and all things beauty/fashion/fun related.
Let's see where this next year takes us! 

Thanks for reading and as always,
Speak soon,
Abi xxx



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig