Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 13 July 2014

Beauty Haul/Review

Hello everyone! 
Hope you've had a fun weekend.
I've done a fair bit of shopping recently so I thought I'd show you the beauty bits I've bought over a couple of shopping trips. A massive bonus is that everything was very affordable and reasonably priced!




This is the No Clumps Definition Mascara by Collection and its excellent, really lengthens my lashes and is very buildable, and its also only £3. The I <3 Punk Jumbo Eyeliner Pen is from a new make up range in Wilkos called 'Essence' and I was a bit weary because I am so attached to my Maybelline Gel Eyeliner, I didn't think I could use, let alone like, a different eyeliner. I've also never had much luck with eyeliner pens as they're always too watery. It claims to be 'deep black, water resistant, long lasting and smudgeproof', well I used it for the first time today and I can agree that it is deep black, long lasting and smudgeproof but I don't agree with it being water resistant because I tested it on my hand and it washed off very easily, but I'm not looking for it to be waterproof so I'm not bothered! It's easy to use and I think this was only £1.60 or something too! Bargain!



This is the Oil Control Make-Up Base (ie a primer). I can't really give it a thorough review as I wore it for the first time today and have only been wearing it since about 2pm but from that, I really like it. I struggle with oily skin and this primer claims to 'balance out oily skin, minimise the appearance of pores and improve make up wear'. I think I look less shiny, my pores look smaller and I haven't had to touch up my foundation or powder and for only £3.50 you can't really complain! Especially as I was considering buying the full size version of the Smashbox Photo Ready primer that I had a tester of (and loved) and that's £25! 
Think I'm really going to like this Essence range! 
I have heard nothing but good things about the Revlon Lip Crayons and as I mentioned in my last blog post, you cannot go wrong with Revlon lip products. I bought the Revlon Colourburst Lacquer Balm in 120 'Vivacious' and the Revlon Colourburst Matte Balm in 205 'Elusive'. These were two for £10 in Superdrug and considering they are £8 each I would have been mental not to get two! I have worn the Lacquer Balm and I absolutely love it, the colour is gorgeous, it's really pigmented, it's long lasting and it smells of mint and leaves your lips tingly. I haven't had chance to wear the Matte Balm yet but I have tried it and I love the colour and the matte effect, it's not drying like a lot of matte lip products. The colour is the perfect nude/pink colour I have been looking for. 



We all know I like nail varnish A LOT so how could I pass up a 2 for 3 on all nail stuff in Superdrug? I bought the two matte colours (Copa Cabana and Rhossili) with the pale pink (Strawberry Ice Cream) and as I was only repurchasing Strawberry Ice Cream, because mine had gone thick and gloopy, I was really pleased to get it for free! On a separate occasion I bought the grey (which is just called Grey, how imaginative) and the blue (called Blue Moon). I went for the matte shades purely because I liked the colours! They are very pigmented, dried quickly and look really nice matte, the only issue is that they chip and peel quite easily, this could be down to the basecoat I used but I'm not sure, just thought I'd mention it! They are £4 each. I bought the grey because I don't have a grey and I wanted it to go with an outfit I had planned and I bought the blue because I really wanted a very pale blue. This one is nice because it has a slight shimmer to it which I like! I am a HUGE fan of Barry M Nail Paints and I especially like that they are only £3. I feel like I've said 'like' too much now.


Anyway there's a little insight into my recent beauty buys!
Have you bought anything you're particularly fond of recently? Let me know! 


Thanks for reading, I didn't realise I had that much to say! 


Speak soon,

Abi xxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig