Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 2 February 2014

Alexa Chung Inspired Nail Art Tutorial

Alexa Chung Inspired Nail Art


Hello everyone! 
Sorry it's been two weeks since I posted, the week before last I just had nothing to tell you or show you and I wasn't at my best and last week I was ill so the last thing on my mind was my blog! But I'm back now with a little blog post showing you how I recreated Alexa Chung's daisy nails (the photo is on my Nail Instagram). So let's get started!


Alexa Chung Inspired Nail Art



This is a very basic nail art so you don't need much skill or any special tools. Here I have a double ended dotting tool, one end has a large bobble while the other has a smaller bobble. If you don't have a dotting tool, a bobby pin and a tooth pick will do the same job. I have a block of paper for dripping the paint onto and the three colours which are:

- Barry M in Fuchsia
- Miss Sporty Clubbing Colours Quick Dry in 328 (It doesn't have a name which I find dissapointing)
- Sinful Colours in Snow Me White


Alexa Chung Inspired Nail Art

Start by painting your nails navy. When I did these on my real hands I used a base coat which I strongly suggest you do anyway because navy is a dark colour which may stain your nails and as I do my nails all of the time, they need a little extra protection.

Alexa Chung Inspired Nail Art

Next drip some white nail varnish onto a surface.

Alexa Chung Inspired Nail Art

Using the large bobble of the dotting tool or bobby pin, create six dots, one in the middle and five around it. 

Alexa Chung Inspired Nail Art
Next drip a little pink nail varnish onto a surface.

Alexa Chung Inspired Nail Art

Now using the smaller end of the dotting tool or a tooth pick, create a small dot in the middle for the centre of the daisies.
There you have it! Told you they were simple and don't they look pretty?

Alexa Chung Inspired Nail Art

So that's it for this week, I'll be back next week with a beauty related post (shocker, I've actually got something planned) so look out for that! If you want to know when/whether I'm posting a blog post you could follow my twitter as I always tweet about posting a new blog post or whether I'm not feeling up to it, that way I'm not leaving you in the lurch!


Any way, speak to you soon!


Abi xxx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig