Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 5 January 2014

Happy New Year!

Hello Everyone!
Happy New Year! I can't believe it's 2014 already, I'm so pleased that 2013 is over and done with because it was a horrible year and I'm glad to see it come to a close. I'm doing everything in my power to make this year a good year and I have a couple of nice things lined up already, what with two of my best friends turning 18 in the same week this month, so there'll be lots of celebrations and on the 10th of February I am seeing my all time favourite TAYLOR SWIFT in concert and I am soooooo excited about that! But yes on to my point...

Do you make New Years resolutions? because I don't, purely because I never stick to them. When I was younger it was always things like "stop biting my nails" or "eat healthier" etc and within a week I had broken them. Instead I make Goals, which I find much more achievable and less daunting. Last year my goals were 1) Write a CV, 2) Get a job, 3) Get slim and 4) Jazz up my room. Well I think I did quite well considering I wrote a CV, applied to loads of jobs (with no such luck sadly but I did have my first job interview which was a group interview so I felt I missed out a bit because I'm quite shy). I did slim down a bit but I didn't really do anything towards that I was just chunky in the summer and when the new college term rolled around I slimmed down because I didn't have time to just sit around and comfort eat and I was up and down, to and from the bus stop and college so all the walking must have done something. I also jazzed up my room if only by changing my two pink walls to cream and adding a few accessories, but my bedroom is my favourite room (purely because it's mine) so I am pleased with it.
This year I have made new goals and the list is a bit longer so I'm hoping I haven't bitten off more than I can chew. Here are my goals for 2014:
1) Get a job - I want to be more self reliant and feel less pathetic, to be honest
2) Learn to drive - A skill that is useful, that I really want and again to feel like less of a rubbish teenager
3) Try harder at college - I only have five months left so I want to do the best I can and feel proud of myself and feel like I have bounced back from last year.
4) Take more photos - I love looking through photos and I'm trying to create a photo wall in my room so I want to capture more of my friends and family and gigs and things I like and pretty things etc (I know I'm rambling)
5) Be less judgemental - I feel I make snap judgements or just dislike someone purely because my friend does and I really don't like that character about me. I'm not like that; I like giving people a chance.
6) Try more things - I am a total scaredy cat. I know what I like and I stick to it (especially with food as I have a HUGE phobia of vomit) and I often say no to things and I don't want to any more. I'm eighteen and I need to grow up.

So those are my goals for 2014. Hopefully they will make this year nice and happy because I'm not going through another year like 2013, nu uh, no way. I'd love to hear about your goals for this year (or what yours were for last year) so pleeeeeeease leave me a comment? It would make my day!

So once again HAPPY NEW YEAR! and I shall speak to you next week!

Abi xxx
Abi Bailey


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig