Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 3 July 2016

Summer Skincare Essentials

Summer Skincare Essentials
Hello everyone!
Happy Sunday!
Did you see last week's post about What's In My Hand Luggage (here)?
Today I'll be showing you my summer skincare essentials- it's so important to protect your skin from the sun.




Lip balm, facial oil, moisturiser, primer

For my face and lips I use:

  • Vaseline lip balm with Aloe Vera and SPF 15.
  • The Body Shop Oils Of Life Revitalising Skin Oil.
  • Garnier Moisture + Matte moisturiser.
  • Rimmel Fix & Perfect Primer.
At this time of year, SPF is so important. Even if the sun isn't out, the UV rays are, so it's best to use a lip balm and moisturiser with SPF in it as our lips are often forgotten!

I'm SURE my moisturiser or my primer used to have SPF in it and then they changed the formula so now it doesn't.
I have been living for the Oils Of Life face oil ever since I got the tester in one of my Glossyboxes (here). It's made a HUGE difference to my skin; it's faded my spot scars, evened out my complexion and rehydrated my skin. It's so important to keep hydrated in the summer and your skin shouldn't miss out either. This oil is so hydrating. I like to use this under my moisturiser for maximum hydration.
The primer smooths, resurfaces, brightens, mattifies and protects. It's a nice texture and provides a good barrier of protection between your skin and your make up. It can also be worn alone to protect your skin from the elements.

Body lotion, aftersun lotion, suncream

To protect my skin I use:
  • Ted Baker Body Lotion.
  • De Bruyère Aftersun Lotion.
  • Ladival Sun Protection Spray SPF 15.

Both the aftersun and the suncream came in the June Glossybox and you can read more about them (here).


Like I said, in the summer it's all about SPF and hydration so make sure to stay protected by applying and continually reapplying suncream throughout the day.
If you do get a bit sunburnt, aftersun is so soothing and can help with the healing process. This one smells delicious and feels so comforting.
I also like to smother myself in body lotion because a) it smells incredible and b) it keeps my skin soft and moisturised. It also prolongs a tan!



Those are my summer skincare essentials, what are yours?
Leave me a comment from your lovely brain!



Thanks for reading and I'll be back next Sunday!


Abi xxx



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig