Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 27 March 2016

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip | Beeper and Solow

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip | Beeper and Solow
Hello everyone!
Happy Easter! 
Happy Sunday if you don't celebrate!

Last week I talked about one of my favourite make up products: Mascara. The Covergirl Full Lash Bloom Mascara to be specific (here), today I'll be talking about another of my favourites: Lip products.

In particular, these gorgeous liquid lipsticks from Colourpop.

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip in the shades Beeper and Solow.



Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip | Beeper and Solow


I think I saw Shaaanxo (she's a youtuber, she's fab) do a lip swatch video of these and they really caught my eye. 'Beeper' is also one of those products that had been in the notes in my  phone for months so I thought it was about time I got round to buying it. 

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip | Beeper and Solow


Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip | Beeper and Solow


Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip | Beeper and Solow

The packaging alone is gorgeous, I love the holographic print on the 'Ultra Matte Lip'.
​They come as a twist off lid with a doe-foot applicator. The applicator is a nice size and is very soft so it absorbs enough pigmented product to cover your lips without having to dip back into the tube every 30 seconds. The little applicator means you can get a precise application, especially around the cupid's bow.


Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip | Beeper and Solow Swatches

Beeper

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip | Beeper Lip Swatch

I love Beeper so much. I was a bit taken aback when it arrived as I had ordered it knowing I liked it months ago and didn't do any follow up research before I ordered it, so when I realised it is a reddish brown colour I was a bit uncertain as to whether I would actually wear it.  
I wore it out to dinner the other night and I was so thrilled! I love the colour, I didn't know if it would be too out there for me as I usually live in red or pink lipstick but this nude chocolately colour is definitely for me.
  • The consistency is lovely; really smooth.
  • The pigmentation is incredible.
  • The longevity is really good, I only had to touch it up slightly after eating an oily pizza. (oils will break down the formula).
  • It didn't go patchy after reapplying.
  • Feels really comfortable on the lips, not too drying.

Solow

Colourpop Ultra Matte Lip | Solow Lip Swatch

I was so pleased with Beeper that I thought I'd order more of a pinky nude colour as I'm trying to wear less bright lip colours, to mix things up a bit.


I ordered both colours from Amazon for around £16 each, from different distributors  but I am really disappointed with Solow as the quality is just not there. I don't know whether I'm the exception and just got one from a bad batch, or what.

  • It applies nicely but dries terribly, it's too drying  to the point where it looks cakey and flakey on my lips.
  • The pigmentation is nice
  • I can't comment on the longevity because I haven't worn it for very long because it just shows up every imperfection and line on my lips.
  • Doesn't feel comfortable on the lips.

They're like polar opposites!

Have you had any issues with Solow or did I just get a dud one?
I love the colour so I might just order another one from a different distributor. 

​I am delighted with Beeper though and plan to buy more Colourpop Cosmetics in the future.

Leave me a comment from your lovely brain!
Thanks for reading and I shall speak to you soon,

Abi xxx



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig