Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 8 November 2015

Huge Superdrug Beauty Haul

Huge Superdrug Beauty Haul
​Hello  everyone!
Happy Sunday!
I had some birthday money to spend so of course I headed straight to Superdrug to get my make up fix! 
The main point of the trip was because all my make up had started to run out at the same time (waah) so I was picking up some of my favourites and  a couple of extras too. 
I thought you might like to have a looksie.  
Brace yourselves for a lot of photos and a fair bit of text.


Let's start with the all important skincare; I'm rubbish at remembering to exfoliate and I never use toner but I always make sure to moisturise every morning and night and apply lip balm without fail.


Garnier Moisture Matte + Moisturiser

Garnier Moisture Matte + Moisturiser

Palmers Lip Balm

Garnier Daily Oil-Free Moisturiser / Palmer's Lip Balm
I really like this moisturiser as it helps combat my oily skin. It's a lovely consistency and it absorbs quickly, leaving my skin feeling smooth. It makes a nice base for make up too.
This is my favourite lip balm and I've been using it for years, its the best one I've used as it leaves my lips soft and well moisturised. I much prefer a stick lip balm than a pot as I don't like applying it with my fingers.

​On to make up!



L'Oreal True Match Concealer


L'Oreal True Match Concealer

Barry M Radiant Rod Highlighter

Barry M Radiant Rod Highlighter

L'Oreal True Match Concealer (in Beige) / Barry M Radiant Rod Highlighter
I used to use this concealer a few months ago until I came across the Rimmel 'Lasting Finish' Concealer (Review HERE). I've got a bit bored of using the Lasting Finish so I've gone back to the True Match  as I like the consistency and  the coverage. It also has a doe-foot applicator  which I think is handy for applying under the eyes.I can't wait to use the  highlighter; to be honest I've been looking for a powder highlighter for a while and I was hoping I'd find one from MUA or Make Up Revolution but I had no such luck in my Superdrug  (I'll keep looking though as I will not be beaten!) but I had a look at the Barry M Radiant Rod Highlighter a while ago,   but  I couldn't resist it this time! I love the crayon style  as I think it gives more controlled application. 

Maybelline Gel Eyeliner


Maybelline Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner by EyeStudio (in Black)
I'm going to start straight away by saying how sad I am that you can no longer purchase the original Maybelline Gel Eyeliner *cries*.  Might have to buy it online in future! I think the  consistency is different with this one, the brush is huge and imprecise and I never use the smudger. Never the less I must soldier on, there's really nothing wrong with this eyeliner, it's a really good eyeliner, I'm just bitter haha! I love the jet black colour, the consistency is smooth and it lasts for hours; by the end of the day, my make up may have melted off my face but my eyeliner is still on point.

Miss Manga Mascara, Lash Sensational Mascara, No Clumps Mascara

L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara

Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara

Collection No Clumps Mascara

L'Oreal  Miss Manga Mega  Volume (in Black Angel) / Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara (in  Intense Black) / Collection No Clumps Mascara (in Ultra Black)
I love these mascaras, I always go back to them. If you read my  blog post " How To Achieve Long, Thick Lashes" (HERE) you'll have seen two of these before. 
I love Miss Manga as it adds loads of volume, Lash Sensational is great because it has a spoon-shaped brush and catches every lash and No Clumps is perfect as it has lots of little teeth  so you can really build length and volume  and roll the brush to  get all the product off the brush.

They're my holy grail mascaras and they're excellent on their own and used  together. I literally cannot express how much I love these mascaras!

Lastly is Nail Varnish.


Collection Nail Varnish 17 Milk Caramel

Collection Nail Varnish 17 Milk Caramel

Collection 7 Day Wear Nail Polish (in 17. Milk Caramel)
I've  been looking for a nude nail varnish for ages now but I never know quite what to choose as nudes vary so much; there's creamy nudes, pinky nudes, browny nudes etc, but this one stood out to me.  It's a peachy colour and I think it looks very classy.

The consistency is lovely and it has a pearlescent sheen to it, so it isn't a glossy finish, nor a matte finish and it dries quickly too.  

Hope you enjoyed the haul, let me know if you love/hate any of these products by leaving me a comment!

Also  don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin so you never miss a post.

Thanks for reading and I'll speak to you soon, 

Abi xxx



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig