Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Friday 13 February 2015

L.O.V.E | Valentines Day Nail Art Tutorial

Hello everyone!
Yay it's friday! It's also Friday the 13th, are any of you superstitious? 

Today I bring you the last of my Valentine's Day nail art tutorials (that was weirdly formal).


You will need:



  • White Nail Varnish (Sinful Colours 'Snow Me White' [DISCONTINUED IN THE UK]) 
  • Black Acrylic Paint (Amazon for about £2ish. It's thinner than nail varnish so it won't string)
  • Red Nail Varnish (Miss Sporty Lasting Colour)
  • Teeny Tiny Brush (also from Amazon)




Start by using the teeny paintbrush dipped into the black acrylic and mark out the top, middle and bottom of the 'L'.



Connect the lines together to pad out the 'L' shape, leaving a little overhang on the end of the base. 



Fill the bottom half of the 'L' in with the black...



... And fill in the top with the red. 

Continue the rest of the letters in the same way.

 In the inspiration picture, the 'o' is in a heart shape which is a nice accent, but you could just do a normal 'o' if you wanted. 



This is the end result:



It was my first time using acrylic paint so they look a bit sketchy. It is thinner than nail varnish though so it's easier to control, but it might need more coats as it can be quite sheer. 



I'm still really pleased with how they turned out!

If you give them a go, make sure to tag me using #abibailey or #nailartnut, I'd love to see them. 

I'm hoping to do a blog post on Sunday but I'm not sure yet,
Have a good weekend and I'll speak to you soon, 


Abi xxx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig