Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 22 June 2014

Superdrug and Primark Haul

Superdrug and Primark Haul
Hello everyone! 
Like I said, I did some shopping with my friends on Wednesday and thought I'd show you what I bought.


I'll start with the boring skincare essentials/hair necessities.

cotton buds, moisturiser, hair clip

I had totally run out of moisturiser and I've really got into the habit of using it in the morning once I've washed my face and at night before I go to sleep and it's made a big difference. I use Garnier PureActive Anti-Imperfection Daily Moisturiser, it claims to make skin feel smoother and look more even, mattify the skin, reduce the appearance of blackheads and tighten pores. I can vouch for that!
I also bought some more pointed cotton buds, I know that sounds mental but they're perfect for clearing up make up mistakes like smudged mascara or eyeliner because they're pointed and precise at one end and flat and wide at the other to cover larger areas. I dip them into eye make up remover and couldn't be without them!
I also bought two big banana clips from Primark because a) they were £1 and b) it's getting hotter here and I like clipping my hair up and out of the way, and I have a lot of hair so I need big clips.


Real Techniques brushes, Rimmel Stay Matte foundation and Barry M Lipstick

My favourite-est thing in the whole world: Make up. I bought two Real Techniques brushes, a lighter version of my current foundation and a new bright pink Barry M Lipstick.


Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush


Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush

This one is the Silicone Liner Brush, and if I'm honest, I don't think I'm going to get on with it. I have only used it once, but I just didn't like it. It's like a rubber nib and it picks up basically a glob of gel eyeliner and it just makes applying it too thin in consistency and too thick in width. It IS good for getting sharp points though. If anyone has it, let me know how you get on with it!


Real Techniques Shading Brush


Real Techniques Shading Brush

This one is the Shading Brush (meant for eyeshadow) but I bought it to blend out my concealer, it blends really nicely which is no surprise! Real Techniques are fab brushes. 


Barry M Lipstick


Barry M Lipstick

My foundation is the Rimmel Stay Matte and I bought it in the shade 103 True Ivory because I already have the shade 200 Soft Beige and it is much too tan for me! I would have originally bought True Ivory but normally Ivory shades are always much, much too pale but this one is the right shade. It's name is a bit misleading though. It's a really nice mousse consistency and blends out really well and has a nice coverage. (I would put a photo in but it would just be the packaging and it seems a bit pointless.)
This is a Barry M Lip Paint in number 52, I did swatch it on my hand but the photo did it no justice! I'm wearing it today and it's like a neon baby pink (sounds horrendous but it's really not). It's a perfect shade for summer, especially with a tan.


Shoes, top, bangle

Now onto fashion! These are all from Primark. I bought a top (Which was only £5!), a pair of chunky pink shoes and a gold cuff.


sunflower top


sunflower top


sunflower top

This is just a simple button up with a tie at the bottom. It's sleeveless with a collar and has large sunflowers all over it. I really like the sunflower print for summer and although I try to avoid tie fronts, because I don't feel I have the stomach for them, I seem to be drawn to them! This one is long enough that only a little bit of skin peeks through. 


Pink heels


Pink heels


Pink Heels

These were £14 and originally I wanted them in black because my current black shoes give me blisters! but they didn't have my size so I settled for the gorgeous hot pink colour instead... what a shame! They're really easy to walk in because of the chunky platform heel and you don't feel like you're going to fall out of them thanks to all the straps. I'm a little bit in love with them and desperately need an excuse to wear them out.


gold bangle/cuff


gold bangle/cuff

I've been looking for a cuff for ages because whenever I go out, I have my watch on my left wrist but there's never anything substantial enough to go on my right wrist. Now I have this. I have teeny wrists though so things like this never fit me properly!

That was a HUGE post, congratulations if you got this far!
Just thought I'd show you what I bought because I haven't been shopping in months (mainly because I hate it and usually have no money, haha!) but I felt like since I've left college now and finished exams, I deserved a bit of a treat. 

Thanks for reading and I shall see you next week!

Abi xxx


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig