Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 27 October 2013

Glow In The Dark Nail Varnish Review

Hello Blog Buddies!

How has your week been? mine's been crazy stressful but all of that is sorted now!
Anyway, as it is nearly Halloween, how about a Glow In The Dark Nail Varnish review?
Keep an eye out for the Halloween nailart designs I'll be putting on my nailstagram sometime this week!
But yes! On with the review...

First things first, they are from Topshop and as they were a birthday present, I don't know how much they were! I'd say about £6/£10.









Even with three or four coats, the colours are very, very sheer. On my index finger and pinky I am wearing the purple, on my middle finger I am wearing the green and then on my ring finger, the orange. The orange is the most pigmented. I think next time I might paint my nails with the same colour and then paint the glow in the dark polish on top.
I was not a fan of the consistency, its very gritty and this sounds mental but, if you ever had Calpol as a child, it reminds me of the consistency of that (maybe that's what put me off?)
Also because there are so many coats, it chips quite easily and if you're naughty like me and can't leave a chip alone, it peels off in one sheet (sooo satisfying though)






I am a BIG fan of it's glow in the dark potential, I honestly did not expect it to work at all! You have to shine a light on it for 5 seconds (I used the torch on my iPhone) and then it glows really, really well. I couldn't leave it alone! The orange worked the best but I think that's because it was the most pigmented. 


So personally I would buy these again, I think they do other colours so I might have to check them out! 
Let me know what you think, would you try them out?


Like I said, look out for some Halloween inspired designs on my nail art instagram (link at the top or search nailartnut)

I'll see you next week! Have a good Halloween and do something fun! 



Abi xxx
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig