Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Wednesday 27 September 2017

How I Keep My Skin Matte All Day

A selection of skincare and make up products that keep my skin matte throughout the day

Hello Beauty Lovers!

I have oily skin and have struggled with it for years but I think I have finally found the perfect combination of products that keep my oil at bay and keep me from looking like a shiny mess at the end of the day. If you have oily/combination skin like I do, I thought it might be handy for you to know how I battle the shine!
Garnier Pure Active Daily Cleansing Gel, Real Techniques Miracle Cleansing Sponge, The Body Shop Oils of Life

The main thing that has helped control my skin, is funnily enough, making an effort with skincare.
I start by taking my make up off at night and then exfoliate my face with the Garnier Pure Active Daily Cleansing Gel on the Real Techniques Miracle Cleansing Sponge. This helps remove all the excess make up/dead skin cells that could build up.
I then use a few drops of The Body Shop Oils Of Life before I go to sleep - I know it seems odd to add oil into an already oily complexion, but usually your skin gets oily as it is crying out for moisture! This oil is a bit pricey (£30) but I think it is definitely worth the money and lasts for ages. I wake up with lovely moisturised skin.

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturiser

Moisturising is very important.
In the morning once I've washed my face, I apply a small amount of the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel moisturiser and let that absorb while I get dressed.

E.L.F Mineral Infused Primer

This is one of the best primers I have used to control my skin throughout the day.
I've tried Benefit Porfessional and the Smashbox Photo Finish one, and I like them, but they're not a patch on this one (at only £7.50, may I add!). It also has a silicone textured but it's light and doesn't ball up like I found the other two to do. It absorbs well and I don't know how, but my skin looks better later in the day than it does when I first apply my make up.

Revlon Colorstay Foundation Combination/Oily 180 Sand Beige

This is my holy grail foundation.
I tried the Mac Studio Fix foundation and just didn't get on with it, I want to look matte, not dry. This dries down matte and doesn't leave my skin feeling sticky or dried out but still leaves a healthy glow.
It lasts well throughout the day and oxidises very little/not at all.

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, 004 Sandstorm

I always like to set my foundation with a powder just to really help it last throughout the day. I
still get a little bit of a shine along my nose but nothing like I used to get! I use a tinted powder as opposed to a a translucent one just because I like a little extra coverage.

Urban Decay De-Slick Make Up Setting Spray

The final step is to set my make up with a setting spray.
I love this one from Urban Decay as locks my make up down and again, controls oil. It just makes everything look seamless and blend together. Any extra help, I'll take it!

What products do you use to control your complexion?



If you have Bloglovin' you can follow me here.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig