Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Sunday 22 May 2016

What's In My Glossybox? | May 2016

Glossybox May 2016
Hello everyone!
Happy Sunday.
Did you catch my Big Beauty Haul last week? (here)
I have to say I am much happier with the contents of this month's Glossybox than I was last month (here).
This month's is a collector's edition, hence the funky different packaging.
The boxes are based around city breaks so all the products are tailored to travel necessities.



The Packaging

Glossybox May 2016

Glossybox May 2016

Glossybox May 2016

Glossybox May 2016

Glossybox May 2016

I received the New York version (you could get Paris, New York, London or Berlin) and the box is incredible! It depicts iconic  images from the city  such as  the Statue of Liberty. All of the  collector edition boxes were designed by the illustrators at OMY Studio. I really like the cartoony images and that the look is so different to the usual (equally as lovely) design of a Glossybox.
The tissue paper was orange as was the inside of the  box to match the font on the front. The shredded tissue was white which created a nice contrast against the orange. Gave it a summery vibe. It's just lovely and I look forward to the next collector's edition box!

The Contents

Proper Corn

As a delicious added extra, there was a packet of Proper Corn included with the box! It really was 'done properly' and was quite easily the nicest popcorn I've ever had. If Glossybox wants to start including food pressies in the regular boxes, I'm all up for that!

Crabtree and Evelyn Hand Therapy

Crabtree and Evelyn Hand Therapy


Crabtree and Evelyn Hand Therapy

This hand cream smells delicious; really fruity and floral. It absorbs quickly without feeling sticky and is very moisturising. For £5 I think it's great and would love to try out the different scents. I also like the twist off top as it reminds me of a paint tube and I like that it's a bit different.

Revlon Ultimate All-In-One Mascara

Revlon Ultimate All-In-One Mascara


Revlon Ultimate All-In-One Mascara


Revlon Ultimate All-In-One Mascara

Last month, I received an email from Glossybox (as did other Glossies) saying that you could pick one of the 5 new Revlon mascaras! I was really pleased because I had been wanting to try these mascaras but didn't know which one to choose. At £10 each I didn't want to pick one and then it be the wrong choice.
I chose the All-In-One and its lovely. Really black and you get a lot of product on the brush (I had to scrape some off the first time I used it!) which I prefer as I hate when the brush looks like it's  barely touched the mascara,  I mean how am I supposed to get it on my lashes when it's like that?


I've been using it on top of my  regular mascaras and it separates and lengthens my lashes. The tiny brush makes it excellent for the bottom lashes too. It hasn't crumbled off in the day or irritated my eyes. 

I definitely want to try the others out now!

Bee Good Youth Enhancing Plump & Firm Moisturiser

Bee Good Youth Enhancing Plump & Firm Moisturiser

Bee Good Youth Enhancing Plump & Firm Moisturiser

I've found this moisturiser a bit hit and miss. I think this would be a good  moisturiser for more mature complexions as it is 'youth enhancing' and is supposed to 'plump & firm' - all skin concerns I don't currently have at 20 years old. 


I found the scent a little off-putting too as it's a strong concoction of lavender and zesty lemon (well it is to me) and it's just a bit full on. 

I struggled to rub it into my skin on its own as it's quite sticky and doesn't want to move around the face. On top of the Body Shop Oils of Life (which I am still loving) it makes moving the moisturiser around a lot easier.
I just think this moisturiser is not tailored to me at all, like I said it'd probably be a better moisturiser for a more mature lady. At £23.50 I do not think it is worth the money!

Absolute New York Velvet Lippie

Absolute New York Velvet Lippie

Absolute New York Velvet Lippie

Absolute New York Velvet Lippie Applicator

Absolute New York Velvet Lippie Swatch

This was disappointing but I knew it would be the second I looked at it!


Lip creams are not my thing, purely because I don't think the quality is there neither is the staying power.

This colour doesn't suit me at all, the colour is streaky, it lacks pigment and I just know that if I'd blotted it, 89% of the product would have been left on the tissue! I do like the packaging though and the doe-foot applicator is good but at just under £5, it's not worth the money.

Loceryl Nail Gel

Loceryl Nail Gel

Loceryl Nail Gel

A bit of an odd product to receive, but a useful one, none the less!


As I have stick on acrylic nails attached to my natural nails 90% of the time (except for right now as I'm trying to give them a break)  my nails are basically destroyed so this little nail gel has come at just the right time. It's a clear gel that you rub into your clean/bare nails and you're supposed to apply it twice a day (although I'm just doing it before I go to bed). It's supposed to help restore damaged nails by restoring the natural water content. I've been using it for about 3 nights and I haven't noticed too much of a difference but they do look more hydrated. It's great to have this around to apply each time I take my acrylics off and I'm looking forward to seeing some results.

It's £17 so it wouldn't be something I would buy but I'm enjoying using it. 



A fab collectors edition Glossybox!

Are you a Glossie? What did you think of this month's box?
Leave me a comment!




Thanks for reading and I'll be back next  Sunday.




Abi xxx




P.S. You can follow me on  Twitter | Instagram Bloglovin'  ​
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig