Beauty blog run by a make up and nail art fanatic.

Thursday 31 December 2015

Goals For 2016


Hello Everyone!
Sorry I've been so absent recently, I've had a lot going on.

It is  New Year's Eve; the end of 2015, so it's only right to set some goals for the upcoming year.

This year has been a tough one for me,  reading back last year's post I had achieved  quite a lot.  This year has just been a  struggle and I'm looking forward to saying goodbye to 2015!

​This is going to be a lengthy 'talky' post so if that's not your thing, feel free to skip out on this one and have a browse through my categories! I'm sure you'll find something that's to your liking.


​As you may know if you read my last two New Year's posts (2014/2015), I'm not good at resolutions so I prefer to think of them as 'goals'.

These are my list of goals that I hoped to achieve this year:

1) Learn To Drive

2) Work Hard  (both at work and on myself)

3) Be More Confident

4) Learn To Cook
5) Blog More 
6) Do More Nail Art
7) Read More

I'm going to be honest, I've failed nearly all of these goals.
1) I am definitely going to start learning to drive in 2016, I am feeling much more determined and motivated to actually do it this year.
2) I always try to work hard but I haven't worked that hard to better myself this year.
3) I do think I'm more confident though! I think working in a job where  you are constantly talking to new people and to strangers has really helped. Being left in charge, even if it's just while my Supervisor is on break, has helped too.
4)  I haven't really progressed with this one, I bought two little cookbooks earlier this year and I don't think I've looked at them since!  
5) I would love to be able to blog ALL THE TIME but I physically do not have the time. I need to start organising myself better and even if I feel really down, try not to let that stop me from blogging as blogging is something I really enjoy.
Although I haven't blogged as much as I would have liked to this year, I do think the quality of my blog posts and photos have improved.
6) Again, I'd love to spend all day doing nail art but I just don't have the time and when I do, I'd rather spend it with my family than sat in my room on my own.
7) As for reading more, I have a book that I've wanted to read for about 15 months and have yet to get to. I read the first 25 pages while on holiday and enjoyed what  little I've read so  I would like to continue it.
So I have not done well this year  with my goals. It's been a really  tough year this year and I've really struggled  so I'm hoping 2016 has more ups than downs!


Image Source
Right then, let's get to my goals for 2016, there  are only a few for  this coming year  but they'll be  more achievable this way (I hope).


1) Book driving lessons and start learning to drive

2) Improve my blog

3) Be healthier,  even if it's just cutting out all the extra snacks


I'm currently working on a new blog completely, it's on a different site, it has much better features and I'm really pleased with it. The tricky part is transferring  all my posts to the new site and making it live etc. Hopefully by this time next year you'll be reading my posts on a lovely new site!
I promise it's on its way!

Have you made any goals for the new year? Did you complete any you set for this year?
Leave me a comment!

Have a wonderful new year and thank you for the continued support!
I'll speak to you in 2016.

Thanks for reading,

​Abi xxx

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blogger Template Created by pipdig